Maintenance / Operator
Princeton Water & Wastewater is accepting applications for the position of Maintenance / Operator
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Nature of Job: Responsible for the general operation and maintenance of the distribution and collection system and its equipment and facilities.
Essential Function includes but is not limited to:
- Installation of water and sewer mains and services.
- Emergency and non-emergency repairs to the distribution and collection system. (Main breaks, service leaks, etc.)
- Service and maintain equipment and facilities which includes but is not limited to water plant, wastewater plant, pump stations, backhoes, trucks, etc.
- Troubleshoot water and wastewater pump stations.
- Reading meters manually and using A.M.R. system. Using and understanding the computer and software to collect data from meters.
- Doing paperwork that relates to specific jobs completed.
- Keeping a clean and safe work environment for you and others.
- Be in a call rotation which will consist of being on call 24hrs a day for seven days.
- And other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individual must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Person must have
mechanical skills and can learn quickly and efficiently.
This position will be operated outdoors 95% of the time. Persons must be able to work in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold. Person must be able to work in a confined space or in high locations. This position is labor intensive, and persons must be able to sustain these conditions.
- Dedicate oneself to consistent and excellent public service.
- Communicate in a positive, honest, and productive manner.
- Adherence (steady devotion)to high ethical standards.
- Take initiative to achieve excellence and accept accountability.
- Demonstrate a high regard for others.
- Be a team player to promote cooperative efforts, open communication, and trust.
- Be punctual, dependable, and reliable.
Licenses, certificates, registrations:
Must possess a Class II Distribution and a Class II Collection license or could pass certification Class once service time has been met.
Please Apply in person at Princeton Water & Wastewater Office located at 101 E. Market St. Princeton, Ky.
James A. Noel
Princeton Water & Wastewater
101 E. Market St. - P.O. Box 231
Princeton, KY 42445
office: (270) 365-9301 cell: (270) 625-8961