Water & Wastewater Training
Training is at the TOP of our list!
It’s one of the main reasons we are in existence – to provide classroom; on-site; and most recently, online training to water and wastewater utility personnel on the most up-to-date methods of efficient utility operations and management techniques.
We are proud to note that since 1979, we have trained thousands of people at our training sessions, conferences, and other training venues. Much of our training has also included certification credit toward the state’s water and wastewater operator certification programs.
Non-Transient Non-Community (NTNC) water systems can attend KRWA water Training Sessions and Regional Meetings for no charge. In addition, on-site assistance is available to NTNC systems from a KRWA Training Specialist. Call KRWA at (270) 843-2291 for more information.
Register For An Upcoming Event Today!
Our training opportunities include:
- Training sessions for water and wastewater professionals scheduled at locations throughout the state. These classes provide approved continuing-education credit for operator certification renewal.
- Three statewide training and networking events, including a management conference, Outdoor Expo, and the Annual Conference and Exhibition. In addition to providing approved continuing-education credit for water and wastewater operator certification renewal, these sessions are approved by the Public Service Commission (PSC) for training hours.
- Regional meetings are held on a quarterly basis, including the Green River, Northeast and Western regions. These evening sessions include dinner followed by a two-hour speaker presentation that provides continuing-education credit for drinking water operators and PSC-approved hours for water district commissioners.
- Critical Issue training such as Consumer Confidence Reporting and Security and Vulnerability Assessments.
- Special site-specific training on request.
- E-Learning offers educational opportunities via the Internet for water and wastewater professionals. All online courses have been approved for continuing education credit. A fee applies to these courses and the type of credit varies by course.
Our water and wastewater training affords the opportunity for certification credit toward the state's water and wastewater operator certification programs. In addition, numerous training activities of KRWA are approved by the Kentucky Public Service Commission for commissioner training hours.