Class I, II, III, and IV Water Treatment Plant Operators
The City of Bardstown is located 40 miles southeast of Louisville, and is a thriving community with a population of 14,000. The City has a highly efficient infrastructure, water treatment and wastewater facilities, police and fire services, quality school system, and a highly educated workforce. Bardstown was voted “Most Beautiful Small Town in America” in 2012 and is also the “Bourbon Capital of The World”.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a non-supervisory position that provides complete and total operations of the water treatment plant. Under general supervision, assists in performing daily operations and maintenance of the water plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Performs daily operation and maintenance duties at the water plant in compliance with established procedures and standards and federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Inspects pumps, charts, gauges, and meters on a scheduled basis.
- Adjusts chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards; collects samples and performs laboratory tests or forwards to laboratories as required; prepares, records and forwards lab results.
- Prepares and maintains accurate reports/records.
- Assists with servicing and performing preventive maintenance on plant and equipment; makes minor repairs and/or adjustments to plant and equipment; forwards requests for major repairs and/or equipment and tools to superiors.
- Assists with maintaining adequate inventory of spare parts, chemicals, equipment and tools.
- Maintains and cleans plant and grounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS: Must possess and maintain a Class I, II, III, or IV Water Plant Operators License issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
COMPENSATION: The beginning salary for this position will be based on a combination of education, experience, and certifications.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Educational Assistance
- KY CERS Non-Hazardous Duty Retirement
Application Process: The positions will remain open until filled with the most qualified candidate. To be considered for this position please visit www.cityofbardstown.org career page and fill out the fillable application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications can also be mailed or dropped off at the following address: Bardstown City Hall, 220 N 5th St., Bardstown, KY 40004.
For more information about this position and/or the recruitment and hiring process you may contact Human Resources at 502-348-5947. A detailed job description is available upon request.
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.