Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) Operator ( Caneyville)
The City of Caneyville is currently accepting applications for a full-time Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) Operator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing analysis for the operation of the WWTP, including permit related samples and analysis that meet the requirements of local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Must maintain a certified lab status with the state of Kentucky including record keeping and laboratory equipment certification. Must train plant personnel at all facilities on the proper maintenance of sampling equipment and procedures for taking field readings. Will be responsible for parts of the pre-treatment program. In addition to these duties, must be available to assist in the daily operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant; performs related work as required.
- Follow standard operating procedures related to the operations of the assigned treatment plant including assigned daily operator responsibilities;
- Make routine checks and visual inspections of mechanical equipment to ensure it is operational;
- Perform daily operational tasks including calibrating chemical pumps, reading gauges, running sludge press, filling chemical tanks, collecting samples, delivering samples, and performing assigned water quality tests;
- Monitor the rate of chemical feed and water flow;
- Monitor gauges, meters, filter press, and control panels;
- Cleaning clarifiers, checking blowers, and make equipment and control adjustments as necessary;
- Perform routine maintenance and preventative maintenance of treatment plant and related equipment as assigned;
- Visually inspect plant and all equipment daily to ensure proper functioning.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED. Job requires a Class I with the willingness to work towards Class II WWT certification.
HOW TO APPLY