GENRAL MANAGER - Winchester Municipal
Winchester Municipal Utilities (WMU) is currently seeking a full-time General Manager located in Winchester, Ky.
To apply for the position, qualified candidates can email their resume to Joy@wmutilities.com or by mail to Winchester Municipal Utilities, P.O. Box 4177, Winchester, KY 40392-4177.
• Manages all WMU operations
• Manages all WMU personnel
• Manages WMU budget
• Administers all policies as established by the WMU Commission
• Ensures regulatory compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and regulatory agencies
• Plans for and directs implementation of all capital needs
• Fulfills staffing needs including hiring, terminations, evaluations, training, salary, and benefits
• Develops and recommends utility policies
• Ensures preparation and compliance with budget as approved by the WMU Commission
• Ensures maintenance of financial records and completion of annual financial audit
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with engineers, attorneys, auditors, contractors, regulators, and/or other professionals with which WMU is associated
• Maintains internal and external communications, public relations, and public education
• Participates in/with stakeholder groups, professional organizations, and other public agencies
• Monitors and actively participates in the development and promulgation of local and state laws and regulations
Knowledge and Skills
• Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of water treatment & distribution operations, wastewater treatment & collections operations and solid waste operations preferred.
• High level of attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills; Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
Education and Experience
• Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Business Administration, Business Management, Public Administration or a closely related field is highly desired.
• 10+ years of related experience with 5+ in a management capacity is desired.
• Professional Engineering License in Kentucky preferred
• Experience working with a Board or Commission, and the responsibility for the formulation and implementation of programs, budgets, and administrative operations preferred.
• Valid Kentucky Driver’s License is required Physical Demands:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and climb or balance.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.