Division of Water (DOW) Pre-Review of Lead Service Line Inventory Plans
Take Advantage of Division of Water (DOW) Pre-Review of Lead Service Line Inventory Plans
Water systems starting to plan out the process of undertaking a Lead Service Line (LSL) Inventory – as required by the Lead and Copper Rule Revisions of December 2021 – can now get one-on-one feedback from DOW staff. Simply submit a description of the LSL Inventory process the water system is considering using one of two methods:
- Use the LSL Inventory Pre-Review Survey to submit completely online. There is an option to attach a draft of a Standard Operating Procedure or other LSL Inventory plan as well.
- Fill out the attached LSL Inventory Pre-Review document and submit using eForm 169 – Drinking Water Information and Data Submittal (the same process most water systems are now using to upload MORs to DOW). Water systems that already have a written plan or standard operating procedure may also attach that to eForm 169 when they make their submittal.
The benefits of a DOW pre-review are many:
- Get feedback about whether or not the water system is heading in the right direction with current plans to undertake the LSL Inventory
- Avoid costly delays and expenses that could be avoided with better early planning
- Receive advice on alternate methods or improvements to the LSL Inventory process
LSL Inventory – EPA Guidance Available
On August 4, the EPA released guidance information for States and drinking water systems about LSL Inventories. Find the information on EPA’s LCRR webpage.
The Kentucky Division of Water (DOW) is reviewing the EPA guidance documents and will be releasing a LSL Inventory template and state-specific guidance as soon as possible. Be sure to watch Drinking Water Wednesday emails for the most current information. DOW will also be regularly updating the ‘Lead and Copper Rule Revisions (LCRR)’ tab on our webpage.