CERTIFIED WATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
Date postedApril 1, 2021
CITY OF JACKSON SEEKING CERTIFIED WATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the daily operation and maintenance of the water plant involving collection and distribution of water in regulatory compliance.
- Inspects and/or monitors pumps, charts, gauges, wells, tanks, and meters daily.
- Adds chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards; may assist in collection of water samples; adjusts chemicals as necessary.
- Prepares and maintains accurate reports/records.
- Performs servicing requirements on plant and equipment; assists in maintaining preventive maintenance programs; makes minor repairs and/or adjustments to plant and inspects river intake when necessary.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of parts, chemicals, equipment, and tools.
- Assists in maintaining clean and neat plant and grounds.
- Dispatch water/sewer and customer service personnel when necessary.
- Position requires heavy lifting and duties that are indoors and outdoors and at all hours.
Training, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Must possess a Class II or above Water Plant Operator License issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Cabinet; AND
- Must be willing to advance to a Class III Water Plant Operator License upon completion of first year of employment; AND
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license.
- Person hired must be able to work assigned shift and irregular hours during emergencies.
- Compensation is based on experience. Benefits include medical insurance, state-sponsored retirement plan, medical leave, and vacation leave. Interested parties may email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or request an application at Jackson City Hall, 606-666-7069.
- All applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER