Plant Operator /Utility Worker (Winchester Municipal)
Job Title: Plant Operator /Utility Worker Posting Date: 01/11/2021
Department: 1200 Water Treatment Plant Closing Date: 01/22/2021
Location: Water Treatment Plant Shift: Shift work is required
Reports to: Verlon Johnson
OT may be Required
If you have any questions or wish to apply for this position please contact Joy Lewis at
extension 1119 or 1-859-355-1967. Joy@wmutilities.com
- Performs a variety of tasks in the maintenance of water treatment plant and buildings; such as operate, repair, and maintain the water treatment plant's facilities.
- Performs routine laboratory tests.
- Assists in promoting the maintenance of a safe, accident free, and healthy work environment.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Answers and logs all emergency calls.
- Lubricates machinery; drives and unloads trucks.
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings.
- Monitors telemetering equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possess a State of Kentucky Water Treatment certification, or actively pursuing a certification.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of water treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical analyses.
- Maintain a valid Kentucky driver's license.
- Intermediate math skills required.
- Ability to carry out oral and written directions
- Minimum education is a high school diploma or equivalent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally work near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions