Location: Fort Campbell, KY
Category: Operations & Maintenance
Job ID: BI 000BZ1
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is seeking a Site Engineer to provide exceptional engineering, construction services and support services to the mission at the Fort Campbell Home of the 101st Airborne and located at Fort Campbell, KY. The Site Engineer career path is your chance to provide site engineering support to our client, the US Army. The Site Engineer will provide engineering support for the Fort Campbell Water – Water and Wastewater Utility Privatization Project. The Site Engineer provides onsite support on projects including water treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collection, tertiary treatment and irrigation conveyance system, administrative, storage and maintenance facilities. Candidates should be a self-motivated professional with at least 3 years of engineering support of water/wastewater/tertiary treatment facilities and have working knowledge of Army structure and installation-level organizations.
The Site Engineer will be responsible for:
- Administration of onsite mapping and work directly with the offsite GIS coordinator to ensure that water and sewer mapping remain current
- Providing project oversight on connection projects related to water, wastewater, and distribution and collection systems
- Serve as point-of-contact for water and wastewater master planning activities on the base; and coordinate the water and wastewater master plan with overall base master plan
- Assist the Operations and Maintenance staff of water, wastewater, and distribution system with engineering services required to address problems observed
- Assist in conducting cross-connection control surveys and propose solutions when cross-connections arise.
- Assist the Project’s Health and Safety Representative in reviewing pertinent health and safety documentation during evaluation of hiring potential subcontractors and help oversee their safety performance once hired.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Three (3) years of experience of engineering support on projects related to the operation and maintenance of a water/wastewater treatment facility, and irrigation, collection and distribution systems
- Understanding of the technical aspects of the utility systems to be supported, including specific treatment processes in operation or planned (EDR and RO)
- Working knowledge of military structure and installation-level organizations, especially Army
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Ideally, You'll also have:
- PE License or ability to obtain a PE license within 5 years of hire
- Able to obtain a water/wastewater operator certification Grade III within 2 years of hire
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.