Operator (Waste Water Plant) Murray, KY
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision, assists In the dally operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant, involving the collection and treatment of wastewater; performs related work as required.
1. Assists In the dally operation of the wastewater plant, including start-up and/or shut-down of plant and equipment, involving collection and distribution of wastewater in compliance with established procedures and standards and federal and state laws and administrative regulations.
2. Monitors and maintains lift stations in accordance with established standards.
3. Assists with inspection and/or monitoring of pumps, charts, gauges and meters daily.
4. Adds chemicals In accordance with prescribed standards; assist lab personnel in collection of wastewater samples; checks proper adjustment of feeder equipment; adjusts chemicals as necessary.
5. Cleans filters and disposes of residual solids.
6. Prepares and maintains accurate reports/records.
7. Forwards wastewater samples :and reports as required.
8. Conducts process control testing; analyzes results and adjust process controls as required.
9. Assists with maintaining adequate Inventory of spare parts, chemicals, equipment and tools.
10. Assists with minor construction projects.
11. Assists with cleaning of plant and grounds.
12. Attends continuing. education programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: Certification Requirements: Must possess, or obtain within the first 18 months of employment, and maintain a Class I Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators License Issued by the Kentucky Division of Water; must receive Class II and III license within eighteen months after meeting experience requirements for each class license.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE ONLINE AT: 5OO Main Street, Murray, KY 42071
The City of Murray Is an Equal Opportunity Employer Position