General Manager (Daviess County Water District)
Daviess County Water District in Owensboro, Kentucky is seeking applications for General Manager.
The General Manager serves as the water district’s chief executive officer under the general direction of the Board of Commissioners. The Daviess County Water District operates a 13,500 customer water distribution system providing safe and reliable water supply in order to promote and protect the health of the community at the most efficient and economic cost possible in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
This position is responsible for managing all operational, engineering, maintenance, construction, and financial activities of the District’s operation within the scope and authority delegated by the Board. Essential functions required to be performed by the General Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Human Resource Manager - Hiring, training and managing personnel utilizing a team building approach while establishing work standards and safe work practices;
- Technology Leader - Prioritizing long-term and day-to-day activities through leveraged use of technologies such as AMI, GIS, SCADA, and other computer based applications;
- Asset Manager – Prioritizing, planning, budgeting, funding, bidding and executing capital projects to maintain the infrastructure in a fiscally responsible manner;
- Stakeholders Manager – Managing relationships with customers, regulatory bodies, Fiscal Court, Board of Commissioners, water supplier, and major suppliers;
- Strategic Planner – Leading efforts to prepare district for long-term needs, emergency situations, and changing organizational needs;
- Purchasing Agent and Inventory Control Manager – Managing inventory and purchasing functions including insurance and other professional services;
- Compliance Officer – Maintaining compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations;
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business/Public Administration or a combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities. The successful candidate must possess a Kentucky Class 3D Drinking Water Distribution Operator Certificate or be able to obtain this certificate within two years.
Compensation package will include competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, life, health and dental insurances, 401a and 457b retirement plans.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of the resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to the position. Please send a resume and cover letter to Daviess County Water District, Attention: Christina O’Bryan, Chairman. Digital submissions may be sent to email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of applications is November 8, 2021.
DAVIESS COUNTY WATER DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER
Daviess County Water District
3400 Bittel Road
Owensboro, KY 42301
Phone: 270-685-5594 Fax: 270-683-6324