CITY OF MAYSVILLE: ASSISTANT UTILITY MANAGER
The City of Maysville is currently accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Utility Manager.
Responsible for managing and directing the technical strategic and operational objectives for the Maysville Water and Wastewater Treatment, Distribution and Collection systems operations department.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of a municipal water and wastewater treatment plant, site laboratory, storm water pollution prevention and source control, capital projects, safety, personnel, internal and external reporting, contract, finance and regulatory compliance among other duties.
- Develops strategies, short-term and long-term goals and objectives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the water and wastewater operations; participates in the annual plant budgeting process and prepares standard reports as needed; and participates in project progress meetings to accomplish goals as needed.
- Responds (or manages response by subordinate staff) to after-hours plant alarm calls or similar activities. May work in all weather conditions. May need to work extended or off shifts during wet weather events or plant emergencies.
- Develops and maintains contracts and professional relationships with operations clients.
- Ingenuity and initiative are required to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose process problems and manage remedial action.
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete, and easily understood written communications, technical documents and reports.
- Familiarity with maintenance, operation, regulatory reporting and cost estimating software.
- Preferred applicants should hold a Class IV Water Treatment certification, or the ability to obtain the certification within 24 months of hire, and a Class III Wastewater Treatment certification. Additionally, preferred applicants should hold a Class III Water Distribution and a Class III Collection certification, or be able to obtain with 36 months of hire.
- At least five years of experience within a water/wastewater treatment environment with thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and practices of water/wastewater treatment, water distribution and wastewater collection.
- Requires extensive understanding and experience with safety programs and practices.
Qualified individuals please submit a resume to:
Rhonda Rose, HR Director