Wastewater Plant Operator/Water Distribution Operator
City of Fordsville seeking to hire a Water/Wastewater Operator/General Maintenance position. You will have paid training! High School Diploma or equivalent a must. Must have a valid Drivers License and be a US Citizen! Experience/certification is a plus! Some responsibilities include: Maintaining city property, operating wastewater plant and water distribution system, fixing water leaks, reading meters, etc.. You will be sent to classes to obtain your water/sewer certification. Heavy machinery experience a plus! Pay will depend on experience. Health insurance offered!
Position: Wastewater Plant Operator/Water Distribution Operator
Pay Classification: Full-time starting at $12 per hour. Pay is depending on experience.
Location: 25 Ridge Rd, Fordsville, Ky 42343
Department: Wastewater Treatment
Provide complete and total operations of the wastewater treatment plant, assists in the maintenance of the treatment plant, makes regular inspections, controls and adjusts all instrumentation for plant operations, oversees the proper operation of all treatment equipment, conducts chemical analyses, makes calculations and adjustments in chemical feed equipment, prepares data, records and reports as required and performs other duties as assigned, repair water leaks, read meters, etc.
- Conducts chemical analysis
- Makes calculations and adjustments to chemical feed equipment
- Responsible for total operation of treatment equipment including monitoring alarms and inspection of equipment and processes
- Creates and prepare data for records and reports
- Assist with treatment plant facilities, equipment, and vehicle maintenance
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for long periods of time
- Ability to be trained on and operate various heavy-duty equipment and vehicles.
- Must have ability to understand mathematical formulas, and the capability to utilize the application of such formulas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, with the ability to work across all levels of City officials, employees, agencies, organizations, and the general public.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license
- Prior wastewater treatment experience is desired, but not required
- KY Wastewater Distribution License Level I, II, III, or IV is preferred, but not mandatory
- Working knowledge of tools and machinery operation and maintenance is a plus
- Prior experience with the operation of light and heavy-duty trucks is desired, but not required
- Must have ability to study for and obtain KY state certified Wastewater Treatment Operator License for levels I & II, as well as Water Distribution and Collections I & II.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants that currently hold a KY Wastewater Treatment Operator License and Water Distribution and Collections.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Twisting, stooping, bending, and walking on a regular basis.
- Ability to crawl in and out of tight and confined spaces.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, and over rough and irregular ground surfaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on regular basis.
- 100% Paid Medical & Dental
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Longevity Incentive Pay
The City of Fordsville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protect by federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, demotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, training, compensation, and benefits.
Applicants can call 270-276-5268 or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
April Schroader, City Clerk
City of Fordsville
25 Ridge Road, Fordsville, KY 42343