CITY OF MAYSVILLE: WATER TREATEMENT PLANT SUPERINTENDENT
The City of Maysville is currently accepting applications for a full-time Water Treatment Plant Superintendent.
This position will provide efficient and quality operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant to maintain accurate records and produce potable water in accordance with established state and federal standards while working effectively and efficiently resulting in high morale and productivity.
- Manage and direct the personnel and operations of the water treatment plant.
- Evaluates employee performance; overall operations efficiency.
- Performs daily operation and maintenance duties at the water plant in compliance with established procedures and standards and federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Inspects pumps, charts, gauges and meters on a scheduled basis.
- Monitors and directs treatment processes in cooperation with operators and management.
- Supervises the regulation and adjustment of motors, pumps, blowers, valves and other apparatus to meet changing operational needs;
- Analyze and evaluate the operation and maintenance functions and recommends and implements new or improved practices and standards.
- Oversees the maintenance of records, data, and files; prepares operational reports.
- Develops, organizes, coordinates, and/or conducts training program for plant personnel.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the department’s safety program and activities; enforces the safety policies and regulations.
- Assist personnel in resolving difficult operational problems.
- Foster a positive work environment and good working relationships throughout the plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school is preferred.
- A minimum of five years related experience is preferred.
- A Class IV Water Treatment license is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public is required.
Qualified individuals please submit a resume to:
Rhonda Rose, HR Director