WATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR - Mountain Water
WATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR, CLASS III OR CLASS IV
Mountain Water District
Attn: Tammie Fields
PO Box 3157
Pikeville, Ky. 41502
Day to day operation of an Actiflo water treatment plant which includes performing process control sample collection, sample analysis, and modifying chemical and physical parameters, in order to adjust the treatment process. Collect samples of influent and effluent at various stages of processing. Monitor supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) displays, gauges, and meters. Mixing flocculation, settling, and filtration equipment operations, checking chemical tank levels. Operate valves, pumps, and remote-control devices, adjust the water flow and chemical feed rate and mix chemical solutions. Answer after-hours telephone traffic and route work as necessary to on-call field employees. Housekeeping duties at the water treatment plant as assigned during shift.
- High school education or equivalent with a Class III or Class IV Surface Water Treatment Certification.
- This will be a night shift position with the ability to work “call-out or call-back” shifts as needed.
- Ability to read schematics, work independently, and maintain records used in the course of work.
- Ability to adhere to safe work practices and work well with others to ensure quality service to customers.
- Ability to pass drug screen and reliable transportation is required.
Mountain Water District offers a competitive benefits package including state retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Salary is based on qualifications and experience with a starting wage of $17.50/hour for a Class III and $20.50/hour for a Class IV certification. All interested applicants should send a resume to P.O. BOX 3157 Pikeville KY, 41502 or send it by email to email@example.com to apply.
MOUNTAIN WATER DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.