Water Treatment Plant Operator in Paducah
Water Treatment Plant Operator
Paducah Water operates a Class IVA 19.9 MGD municipal water treatment plant located in Paducah, Kentucky and is currently seeking applications for the full-time position of Water Treatment Plant Operator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include testing, monitoring and adjusting chemical feed rates, preparing and maintaining daily logs, inspecting and monitoring all aspects of the treatment process, and assisting in light maintenance as required.
1. Valid driver’s license
2. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Kentucky Class III or higher Water Treatment Operator License; or baccalaureate degree in engineering, biological, environmental, physical or chemical science, or equivalent, from a regionally accredited college or university.
4. Must be able to obtain a Kentucky Class IVA Water Treatment Operator’s license upon becoming eligible.
Paducah Water offers a full benefits package including health, vision, dental, life insurance, AD&D, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement etc.
$21.93 to $27.41 based on experience and qualifications.
Must be willing and able to work scheduled overtime as well as non-traditional schedules including nights, weekends and holidays as may be required.
Physical and Work Requirements:
1. Must participate in random drug testing program.
2. Requires climbing, bending, lifting, and carrying up to 60 lbs, as well as exposure to both hot and cold weather.
3. Must work safely in an environment where possible chemical and mechanical hazards exist.
How to Apply: