Wastewater Plant Operator (Danville, KY)
THE CITY OF DANVILLE: The City of Danville is located 35 miles southwest of Lexington and is a thriving community with a population of 17,000. The City has a highly efficient infrastructure, water treatment and wastewater facilities, police and fire services, quality school system, and a highly educated workforce. Danville is the home of Centre College, which is among the most prestigious small liberal arts colleges in America. The City of Danville is also the business hub to a 5 county, 100,000 + region.
Position: Wastewater Plant Operator
Pay Type: Non-exempt
Pay Classification: Full-time
Pay Grade: U-1(Trainee), U-3(Class I), U-4(Class II), U-7(Class III), U-10(Class IV)
Location: 1970 Old Stanford Rd, Danville Ky.
Department: Wastewater Treatment
Wastewater Treatment Superintendent
Under general supervision of the Wastewater Treatment Superintendent provides complete and total operations of the wastewater treatment plant, assists in the maintenance of the treatment plant, makes regular inspections, controls and adjusts all instrumentation for plant operations, oversees the proper operation of all treatment equipment, conducts chemical analyses, makes calculations and adjustments in chemical feed equipment, prepares data, records and reports as required and performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts chemical analysis
- Makes calculations and adjustments to chemical feed equipment
- Responsible for total operation of treatment equipment including monitoring alarms and inspection of equipment and processes
- Creates and prepare data for records and reports
- Assist with treatment plant facilities, equipment, and vehicle maintenance
- In the event of extended absence of the Wastewater Plant Superintendent, will be required to serve as Interim Superintendent as designated by the Utility Director.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for long periods of time
- Ability to be trained on and operate various heavy-duty equipment and vehicles.
- Must have ability to understand mathematical formulas, and the capability to utilize the application of such formulas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of wastewater chemicals
- Ability to work in a team environment, with the ability to work across all levels of City officials, employees, agencies, organizations, and the general public.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license
- Prior wastewater treatment experience is desired, but not required
- KY Wastewater Distribution License Level I, II, III, or IV is preferred, but not mandatory
- Working knowledge of tools and machinery operation and maintenance is a plus
- Prior experience with the operation of light and heavy-duty trucks is desired, but not required
- Must have ability to study for and obtain KY state certified Wastewater Treatment Operator License for levels I, II, III, and IV.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants that currently hold a KY Wastewater Treatment Operator License.
- Standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Twisting, stooping, bending, and walking on a regular basis.
- Ability to crawl in and out of tight and confined spaces.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, and over rough and irregular ground surfaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on regular basis.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $26,614 - $61,085 annually. The starting salary will be commensurate with the candidate's level of water utilities experience.
- 100% Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Longevity Incentive Pay
- Educational Assistance
- KY CERS Non-Hazardous Duty Retirement
How to apply: Candidates interested in submitting an application and/or resume for consideration can do so through the City of Danville’s Careers Page at www.danvilleky.gov
The City of Danville provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other trait or characteristic protect by federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, discipline, demotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, training, compensation, and benefits.