Assistant General Manager (Paintsville Utilities)
PAINTSVILLE UTILITIES COMMISSION
The Paintsville Utilities Commission has an immediate opening for the position of Assistant General Manager. This is a leadership position reporting to the General Manager and assumes responsibility for the Utility in the absence of the General Manager. Experience in public utilities and/or business is desirable and a bachelor’s degree in business or public administration is preferred.
Essential Duties Include:
- Assist with planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the construction, operation, maintenance, and cleanliness of the utility system, including water and wastewater plants, substations, tanks, water/wastewater/gas lines, etc.
- Assist with the construction, operation, maintenance, and cleanliness of water, wastewater, and gas systems as assigned.
- Assume responsibility for special projects as assigned by the General Manager.
- Work with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, and rules of said agencies.
- Serve as acting Chief Financial Officer if and during times when said position is vacant at the Utility.
- Work with consultants, engineers, and utility employees on work problems, plans, blueprints, specifications, and other working papers relating to proposed utility operation, construction, installation, and improvement projects.
- Assist with the review and analysis of methods, equipment used, and performance to increase effectiveness, improving results or effecting economics in collection, operation, and distribution activities.
- Under the supervision of the General Manager, review and advise the General Manager related to Utilities’ technical compliance activities and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor journals, professional publications, and federal/state legislative actions for opportunities for grants and other sources of finances; assist with monitoring approved projects.
- Assist with development and administration of annual budget.
- May assist superintendents with personnel-related issues, including employment, training, recommendations for promotion, recommendations on disciplinary actions, etc.
- Monitor training requirements for employees and informs superintendents of training necessary to obtain and maintain required certifications on a timely basis.
- Respond to emergency situations; may assume control upon arrival in the absence of the General Manager.
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars, etc. on behalf of the Commission, the General Manager, and/or other members of the Utility.
- Attend training programs as required or requested.
Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive pay.
- Nine paid holidays.
- Paid annual leave/sick leave/personal leave.
- Sick leave donation program.
- Paid health insurance for single or family coverage minus deductibles, co-pays or other costs.
- Paid $10,000 life insurance policy.
- Participation in County Employees Retirement System and Social Security.
- Option to participate in Kentucky Deferred Compensation Plan, either 401k or 457.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of the resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to the positions. Please send resume and cover letter to Paintsville Utilities, Attention: Bob Pack, 137 Main Street, Post Office Box 630, Paintsville, Kentucky 41240. This position will remain open until filled.
Please contact Paintsville Utilities with any questions regarding the position or resume submission at (606) 789-2630.
If you have a disability requiring accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Paintsville Utilities at (606) 789-2630.
The Paintsville Utilities Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.