WARREN COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
- To perform engineering studies and designs, construction inspection, and contractor coordination along with other related technical support regarding engineering activities for all water and wastewater operations.
- To keep abreast of new water and wastewater developments in metering, pump station equipment, water storage systems, distribution system equipment, sewage collection, water and wastewater treatment plants, and to implement those applicable to objectives of the Water Districts.
- Reports to: Manager of Engineering and Construction
- Supervises: Senior Draftsperson, Draftspersons, and Engineering Technician
- Develops plans and specifications on water and wastewater system additions, modifications, and improvements.
- Prepares hydraulic analyses and refines and maintains hydraulic analysis data base.
- Prepares special evaluations and studies regarding system demands, efficient facilities operation, rates, etc.
- Provides technical advice to other personnel relative to operation of lines, pressure zones, hydraulic requirements, and plans for system improvements.
- Performs complete project engineering and management functions including planning, design, surveying, and contract administration.
- Reviews plans for new subdivisions and other extensions and coordinates work with contractors and developers.
- Assists in developing long range plans for water and wastewater capital improvements.
- Provides technical information and recommendations for formulation of Department work plan and budget.
- Assumes responsibility for maintenance of tools and work equipment assigned.
- Consults with representatives of Rural Development, Kentucky Division of Water, and the Kentucky Public Service Commission on water and wastewater sewer design and other regulation requirements.
- Keeps familiar with Environmental Protection Agency “Right-to-Know” regulations as they pertain to chemical substances, etc., found or used in the work area.
- Works according to safety rules and policies adopted by Warren County Water District, is responsible for own safety, and reports all accidents to supervisor.
- Complies with traffic laws, regulations, and safe practices while operating any company vehicle.
- Keep General Manager advised of any informalities internal or external along with any overall personnel and customer problems or other needs within the organization.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Graduate of ABET accredited college or university with BS degree in Civil Engineering.
Must have a minimum of five years professional level experience with a water/wastewater utility or engineering consulting firm in system design and construction. Must be a licensed professional engineer in Kentucky, or able to obtain license within six months of employment.
Must have effective computer aided design skills for the development of construction plans. Knowledge and understanding of the operation and design of water and wastewater systems is required. Knowledge of KYPIPE, GIS/GPS, and land surveying is desirable. Shall have a background in hydraulic analysis, project engineering, and capital improvement planning. Must have knowledge of first-aid and successfully completed Multimedia Standard First Aid and CPR Courses.
ABILITIES & SKILLS:
Must be able to work in the field under various conditions (e.g. climb in sewers, ditches, etc.). Ability and willingness to climb tanks desirable. Must be able to plan daily work assignments and work with others as well as individually. Must be able to plan daily work assignments and work with others as well as individually. Must be interested in development of the Water District, in self-development, and in engineering work assigned.
CONDITIONS: Must be able to work or help in all types of weather.
OTHER: Must have a valid driver’s license.
Qualified candidates should apply online at: www.warrenwater.com
Equal Opportunity Employer