Hardin County Water District No. 2 is now accepting applications for Field Technicians. This position will be flexible in job duties to include new line inspections, new meter location, water main locating, GIS data collection, and other administrative duties related to water distribution activities. This position requires a Kentucky Class IV distribution license and knowledge about distribution field operations. See attached Job Description for details.
Applications or resumes may be submitted on the Hardin County Water District No. 2 website. Please submit all applications by close of business on Friday, January 19, 2018.
- Easement Acquisition
- Coordination of new meter installations and new water main installations.
- Preliminary project research.
- Public relations regarding new projects and new installations.
- Assist in preparing new project plans.
- Inspect and coordinate inspections of new subdivision line extensions.
- Review and assist in the design of water main projects.
Prepare, develop, and or revise project specifications, standard drawings, agreements, contracts and maintain correspondences on projects.
- Assist, coordinate, etc. with other District Departments
- Maintain competent levels of training and schooling, keep up to date on new laws, rules and regulations.
- Work with general public, contractors, developers, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining records of District appurtenances.
- Assist in updating maps & records of District facilities.
- Assist in processing paperwork, bills, work orders, etc.
- Assist with operating and maintaining hydraulic computer model.
This Job Description does not necessarily include all duties assigned.