Knott County Water and Sewer District is seeking applications for General Manager.
To direct and oversee all the operational, financial, administrative, and capital project activities of the District including water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, accounting, billing, customer service, purchasing/warehousing, personnel and safety. In addition the Manager is the contact person for the District in all dealings with the press and local, state, and federal government agencies.
- Through the department supervisor, the Manager directs all daily operational and repair/maintenance functions.
- Directs the purchasing, accounts payable, personnel and payroll direct with the CFO.
- Confers with the each department head and the CFO to coordinate and prioritize both immediate and long-term planning of both daily operations and capital projects.
- Works with department heads to prepare all monthly, quarterly, year-end financial reports for the Commission.
- Coordinates the staff’s work with independent auditors during each year’s audit process.
- Class 4A Drinking Water Treatment Plant Certification.
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems.
- Experience in utility management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of water Hydraulic fundamentals.
- Understanding of WWTP processes including, extended aeration and SBR systems.
- Must be able to understand Budgets and other financial documents.
Deadline for submitting resumes will be Friday, August 18, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Please submit Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or
deliver to Knott County Water and Sewer District office located at 7777 Big Branch Road Vicco, Ky.